Chinese and Japanese gardeners have been growing mushrooms for more than 1,000 years. There are about 14,000 species of mushrooms, but only about 250 are edible. If you’re looking for a side-hustle moneymaker, fresh gourmet mushrooms are definitely a high-value crop. Read on for a quick guide to mushrooms, including a rundown on the easiest species to grow at home: white buttons, oysters, portabellos and wine caps.
- 10 Beginning Gardener Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Control Mosquitoes in Your Garden and Backyard
- Mushrooms, Anyone?
- Rain Garden Design
- 8 Culinary Herbs For Bees To Feast On
- Indoor Gardening 101
- Saving Squash Seeds
- Eat and Live: Grow Your Own Culinary Herbs Indoors
- Drooping Leaves in Soil Gardens
- Plants Can Have Too Much Food?!
Posted by Diane Young on 3/1/2017