Honeybees are herbs are like peas and carrots—they just go together. For the honeybee, herbs offer potent nutritional value from the plant’s pollen, as well as a delicious source of nectar with which to make honey. For the gardener, herbs are almost always easy to grow, almost always neglect- and drought-tolerant, and almost always grow anywhere! And if you let your herbs flower, your honeybees will work diligently to pollinate them properly, ensuring strong plants year after year, especially if you grow perennial herbs. If you’re both a gardener and a beekeeper, you simply can’t go wrong growing these eight herbs.
13896 Fir Street Oregon City OR 97045
New store Hours
Toll Free (800)433-6805
Oregon City (503)256-2400
- 10 Beginning Gardener Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Control Mosquitoes in Your Garden and Backyard
- Mushrooms, Anyone?
- Rain Garden Design
- 8 Culinary Herbs For Bees To Feast On
- Indoor Gardening 101
- Saving Squash Seeds
- Eat and Live: Grow Your Own Culinary Herbs Indoors
- Drooping Leaves in Soil Gardens
- Plants Can Have Too Much Food?!
8 Culinary Herbs For Bees To Feast On
Posted by Kristina Mercedes Urquhart on 1/18/2017